Pages

Thursday 8 April 2010

Mums are fab and hooking outdoors

Just been a visiting with my dearest Mummy. She had a hospital visit today bless her but even so managed a bit o’ shopping and then a fab lunch. Even though ll this went on she bought me these t-r-u-e-l-y gorgeous cake tins because I had me cupcakes in a PLASTIC box!!!

emma bridge tins

 

I had a busy day today. I got up and the sun was shining so I thought SPUDS. Yep the potatoes needed planting and I am a fair weather kind of Gal so I was out there (not early)  with my jogging pants, (not for jogging, let me tell you there are 2 reasons why I don’t jog. The left one and the right one) and my hair in a (tiny) pony tail much to Thomas’ giggles. No makeup, V V attractive!! What helped was 2 things. My ipod (does that amaze you?) Lots of petshop boys!! And Cath Kidston gardening gloves, a Christmas present from a dear friend.

 

loyyt onions

 lotty dug

 

I had a warm bath after, wary of not being able to move tomorrow!!!!!!!! Anyhoo I am going to leave you all with a challenge. I was thinking the other day about the fact that I like to crochet on the deck come the nice weather. That is about the most exotic it gets for me, outside. I hook on holiday, no way I can go 2 weeks without it. Anyway here is the challenge. I want to know the most unusual place where you have played hooky (knitters welcome too) and please let me know. I will believe anything !!!!! If you can blog it and send me the link all the better. I am going to take a hook and camera wherever I go this weekend, for a bit of fun, and see what we can come up with. Early I know but I have wine right now, have an awesome weekend and get hooking all over the place. XXX L

5 comments:

  1. Wow I didn't know you were a veggie gardener as well as a hooker! (sorry I meant crocheter) just like me then! I have hooked down at the allotment - in the Trading Hut whilst I was "on duty" Here's the link:
    http://alithefrog.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-getting-bigger-crochet-at-allotment.html
    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your veggie garden. I don't do lots of crocheting because a prefer beading and so I haven't really crocheted outside of the house but I have beaded on the train and on the beach!
    Hope you have a nice sunny weekend.
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gardening attire sounds remarkably like mine!!! Including the iPod with numerous Pet Shop Boys songs which must be sung along to very loudly and badly. I am not so fortunate to have fancy gloves - I usually end up ruining the washing up gloves.
    Can't say I have done any hooking anyway unusual - just taking the crochet to the park around here gets all kinds of looks!
    Just a follow up to your comment about the bunny pattern - I would like to think I was a genius to be able to knit it, but I would have to say for myself I thought it was pretty easy :-)
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I crochet by the side of the swimming pool while the kids have their lessons - otherwise pretty much at home only.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gardening attire sounds remarkably like mine!!! Including the iPod with numerous Pet Shop Boys songs which must be sung along to very loudly and badly. I am not so fortunate to have fancy gloves - I usually end up ruining the washing up gloves.
    Can't say I have done any hooking anyway unusual - just taking the crochet to the park around here gets all kinds of looks!
    Just a follow up to your comment about the bunny pattern - I would like to think I was a genius to be able to knit it, but I would have to say for myself I thought it was pretty easy :-)
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails