Pages

Monday 24 May 2010

And they said multitasking was impossible

Or so it was said by an eminent (female) scientist who I almost believed for a short while. But as I stood (sweating) head down in my green house, planting the tomatoes whilst playing ball with a fussy dog, having organised a play/homework schedule for my son and I thought “who was she kidding?”The weekend continued in that vein but isn’t it nice to accomplish so much. Nah it was fun, I love to potter and the sun was out…..bliss.
Saturday we dropped son off AT SCHOOL!!!!! I know what mean parents. He took part in an activity day so DH and I soaked up cafe culture Harrogate style, very grown up. After all that we just chilled and I finished a crochet project Ta dah moment to come mid week.
Here's what I managed on Sunday
IMG_1322  IMG_1320IMG_1321
IMG_1324
Corn under planted with leeks
IMG_1325
pumpkin and cauli

             sunset IMG_1309
IMG_1292
     bubblegum clematis
IMG_1299
                                                                                  VisitorsIMG_1326    
Homework!!! Notice the training chocolate!!

PS I made the foccacia suggested by Sue at the quince tree and it was delish. Thanks Sue, I had the leftovers today at lunch with pea soup mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7 comments:

  1. Hello Louise
    Wow! You've been busy. Wasn't the weekend glorious!
    You are so well organised in your garden by the looks of it. I just love the clematis,It's absolutely beautiful.
    Sweet peas too? I think.
    I planted my hanging baskets up Saturday afternoon. They do look pretty poor when you first put them in. I am usually happy with the outcome. So watch this space! Mind you I bought a couple from Homebase today to put on the sheds and they were only £13.00 and they are full!
    It just makes you wonder whether it's worth doing your own, what with buying the plants and all the mess! Or is that just me! I get soil everywhere.
    Lovely post, and I'll be keeping an eye on your planting to see how you are doing.
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise ,love your clematis.
    Your veg patch look very impressive.
    I did tomatoes last year but they all went black so I'm not sure if i'll try again this year.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly the clematis is over the fence and belongs to next door. Still the best thing in my garden. I wish you could smell it, just like bubblegum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the visitor to your garden! Unfortunately with four small dogs we don't get many visitors in our yard, although for the first time in years we've had a lovely squirrel come to visit. I think he's figured out our dogs are getting old and slow! Can't wait to see the progess as your veg patch plants grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lost my message try again...
    Wednesday hello Louise,
    I hope you are okay.
    The ripple was made last year, my first.
    I have a pattern if you are interested.
    I highly recommend them.
    Great fun to do.
    yes I love my Conservatory, its a lovely sunny place.
    Hugs to you
    Suex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interestingly the clematis is over the fence and belongs to next door. Still the best thing in my garden. I wish you could smell it, just like bubblegum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails