Pages

Monday 17 January 2011

The most depressing day of the year

Woa, its been a while!!! I have been having a mammoth attack of the starties only this time it was so bad and my brain so scattered, I never got past the thinking about it stage. In the end it all came out in a mad rush. I will now share the first  of my creative meltdown .

Well today has been scientifically and mathematically calculated to be the most depressing day of the year.

\frac{[W + (D-d)] \times T^Q}{M \times N_a}

It varies every year but is always mid to late January. I’ve just got back from Pilates so am feeling quite buoyant. Still I do get it, its grey and we are seemingly a million miles from payday.

 

With that in mind, and my inability to find any snowdrops yet, I have come up with these.

 

IMG_0775

I made some first from this book which is I feel rather pretty.

 IMG_0744IMG_0745  

I only did the petals. I got the trumpet from here

IMG_0743

 

I love the result and I have a brooch pin on the back so I can wear it. However its a bit big so I set about inventing a smaller one using the different sized stitches technique that I used to make the apple coasters.

 

IMG_0741

 

I have starched them because they curl up such a lot. I made the trumpet similar to the large one above, made it smaller and modified the frill. Do you do this kind of thing too? I find I get an idea from here, a colour scheme from there put it together and although not totally original, something new.  

 

They take so little time to make too.

 

*ch 9 sl st into 2nd ch from hook, dc in next st, tr in each of the next 2 ch, dtr in each of netx 2 ch, trtr in next ch tr in last ch**. repeat from * to ** twice more sl st into last tr of first petal.

 

IMG_0731

 

Now working from the back of the first round of petals sl st round last tr of Ist petal repeat from * to ** 3 times sl st into last tr of first petal.fasten off

IMG_0733IMG_0734

Trumpet

IMG_0737

ch9 dc in each ch, continue in a spiral until work is 2cm. for the last round work (dc,tr) in each dc. sl st into 1st dc fasten off

The trumpet can be started with a magic circle. I did swap to this method after a while in order to close the hole that appears in the middle. I only starched the petals , the trumpet is fine. Originally this was made to fit a Sibol square and I will be using it as such but as you can see I went on to make a garland. I hope some of you might be tempted to have a crack at this. They do cheer up a miserable day.

 

I want to end today by sending a big friendly hello to all the new people that are feeling brave enough to comment. Its so lovely to hear from you. If any of you are reading this from any flooded or post flooded place, my heart genuinely goes out to you, I have shed many a tear this past week for your plight.

9 comments:

  1. You could almost believe its spring after looking at your beautiful flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little garland of daffodils! I wish I had some yellow yarn to make my own, but alas we are too far from payday to justify a trip to the yarn store. I have every colour yarn under the sun, except yellow - how strange is that? I've made a small sample of the yoyo pattern you sent me, the yoyo's take forever, but the joining is loads of fun!
    Glad to hear you are cheered, I was feeling a little blue, but your post and flowers has cheered me to no end.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh Louise they are nice. I can't wait for Spring to arrive. Good idea to make a garland up with them. I like the idea very much. I've also got the book, good isn't it?
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Maybe thats why I've been feeling a little blah. I love these flowers! Thanks so much for sharing. Now I'm going to see if I can find this book. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful flowers!!! They're so sweet and happy, I love them hanging along your fireplace, I think I need to make something flowery and similar for my mums flower shop!
    Have a happy day!
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and thanks for the tutorial. We always appreciate that.

    Please stop by to pick up your award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful flowers!!! They're so sweet and happy, I love them hanging along your fireplace, I think I need to make something flowery and similar for my mums flower shop!
    Have a happy day!
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Maybe thats why I've been feeling a little blah. I love these flowers! Thanks so much for sharing. Now I'm going to see if I can find this book. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails