Pages

Tuesday 6 March 2012

ta blooming dah

IMG_1917IMG_1934IMG_1935IMG_1936IMG_1938IMG_1939

I’ve been a bit in limbo waiting for something else to happen that hasn’t and so I have had unexpected time to work on granny picnic. I have used the Jan Eaton pattern in her 100 squares book. I have also been highly influenced by Attic 24 in terms of how many in the starting chain and number of stripes etc. I have used an edge that Alice invented years ago and that I ferreted away in the old brain. Its very pointy and I think, buntingey. I did have half an idea to make it multi-coloured but simply wanted this project finished. Today we have spectacular sun and I really aught to be digging but a photo shoot is less strenuous. I hope you enjoy reading the pictures!!!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, everyone asumes that is an Attic 24 pattern don't they? Very nice colours and I especially like the pointy edging. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where you have been, now that explains it all! You fell into a black hole of Granny Stripe lovliness! What a beauty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You finished it! It looks gorgeous :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you have been busy. A gorgous granny stripe blanket - you must crochet very fast (as well as beautifully). I love the colours - makes me think of sunny days and seaside holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ta-dah, such stripy loveliness! Thanks for your kind comment on my bunnies too :)

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovely lovely. I wish I could finished my granny stripe. It's working on it's second year now :-S Terrible, I know!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crochet with Raymond11 March 2012 at 02:47

    yay! it looks so colourful and happy, just in time for spring XXX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails